Author Topic: 'Killer Sally' McNeil  (Read 1168 times)

Master Chief

• MW ThinkTank
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek: Bodybuilding. Truth. Hurts.
    • MuscleWeek
'Killer Sally' McNeil
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »
From Daily News:

Valentine's Day 1995 was not going well for Sally and Ray McNeil.

Not that either expected love poems and roses.

Both bodybuilders and ex-Marines, the couple's awful eight-year marriage was wearing out, ground down by vanity, jealousy and muscular machismo.

Yet Sally seethed that evening when Ray was late in showing up at their apartment in Oceanside, Calif., north of San Diego.

She was spoiling for a fight when he finally arrived after 10 p.m.

Shantina and John, Sally's preteen children from another marriage, cowered in their bedroom as the combat commenced. The kids knew the drill.

As a prosecutor later said of the marriage, "That's what they did - they hit each other."

And neither was the sort to surrender.

Ray McNeil, 29, was a buff 256-pounder who was named Mr. California in 1991. Sally, a 34-year-old ripped blonde, had won the U.S. Armed Services Physique Championship twice in the late '80s.

But this confrontation would be different. It would be their last.

As Ray stood at the kitchen stove cooking chicken, Sally asked him to explain where he had been.

After some shouting, Shantina, 11, said she heard a "gurgling" sound, as though her mother was being choked.

Sally went to a closet, removed a 12-gauge shotgun from its case and chambered a shell. She walked back to the kitchen and pulled the trigger.

The shot blew a hole through Ray's six-pack abs. He fell to his knees, and his wife loaded a second shell and shot him in the jaw.

She then called 911. In the background, Ray could be heard moaning, "Why, oh god, why?"

Shantina ran to a neighbor's apartment, hollering, "Oh my God! My mom shot my dad!" As Sally waited for police, the neighbor overheard her say, "I just wanted him to leave me alone."

Ray McNeil was still alive and conscious when police arrived. As he listened to Sally tell cops that he had choked her, the bodybuilder tossed his bloody head from side to side and uttered a firm "No!"

He was declared dead two hours later, and Sally was charged with murder, causing a sensation in the insular world of bodybuilding.

Ray McNeil, a native Jamaican, was among the top 20 professionals in the nation in his weight class.

Sally, who grew up in Allentown, Penn., was an amateur bodybuilder, but she used her physique to earn money in niche muscle sports, including female submission wrestling and a semi-erotic amusement known as apartment wrestling, in which men pay to grapple with muscular women.

She used the nickname "Killer Sally" in those enterprises.

It fit, said her first husband, Anthony Lowden.

He said his ex-wife had become "unhinged" after taking up bodybuilding.

"As sure as Ray McNeil lies dead, it could've been me," Lowden told the San Diego Union-Tribune.

She had been arrested in 1990 for pulling a pistol on Lowden and shattering his car windows with a crowbar. Days later, she had a violent fight with McNeil and dropped a 70-pound weight on his car from a balcony as he was leaving her. Also in 1990, she was sprayed with Mace after she fought with police officers who were called to investigate the wellbeing of her children.

In yet another incident that year, she was barred from bodybuilding competitions for a year after pummeling a woman spectator she suspected of sleeping with her husband.

And during a 1993 visit to her hometown, she assaulted a police officer who was called to a bar when she went "berserk" after a bouncer ordered her to stop dancing on a table.

"This was not an isolated incident of violence," prosecutor Dan Goldstein said of the slaying. He called her "aggressive by nature."

Elevated aggression is a trademark of "roid rage," of course, and abuse of anabolic steroids is endemic to bodybuilding.

Blood tests revealed that both Sally and Ray were on steroids at the time of the homicide. She tested positive for Deca-Durabolin, the same substance allegedly used by baseball star Roger Clemens.

Ray McNeil's body had five different kinds of steroids.

At trial a year after the slaying, defense attorney Bill Rafael portrayed Sally McNeil as a battered wife and victim of 'roid rage.

"The issue in this case is Sally McNeil's right to use force in an honest and reasonable manner against her abuser," he said, "in order to stop the beatings, the rapes, the sodomies, the tortures."

Prosecutor Goldstein countered, "The defendant is anything but a battered wife. She is one of the most violent persons I have ever prosecuted."

The jury convicted McNeil of second-degree murder. Sentenced to 19 years to life, she is still imprisoned today, nearly 14 years later, at the state slammer for women in Chowchilla.

In a recent interview with bodybuilding writer Leigh Penman, Sally McNeil talked tough and accepted no blame.

She portrayed her dead husband as a steroid-popping philanderer who began beating her on the third day of their marriage and never stopped.

McNeil did not reflect on her own history of violence and steroid use.

As her 50th birthday approaches, she has no definitive parole date. She said she bides her time working out.

"Killer Sally" McNeil crowed, "I am still a lean, mean fighting machine."

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.435829
Proud National Plasma Rifle Association member

samuraininja

• moral skeptic
Re: 'Killer Sally' McNeil
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:56:59 AM »
"Ray McNeil was still alive and conscious when police arrived. As he listened to Sally tell cops that he had choked her, the bodybuilder tossed his bloody head from side to side and uttered a firm No."

Who survives two 12 gauge shotgun shells fired from point blank range--even if he did die later on? That's the most hardcore thing I've heard anyone do. :o

Master Chief

• MW ThinkTank
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »
"Ray McNeil was still alive and conscious when police arrived. As he listened to Sally tell cops that he had choked her, the bodybuilder tossed his bloody head from side to side and uttered a firm No."

Who survives two 12 gauge shotgun shells fired from point blank range--even if he did die later on? That's the most hardcore thing I've heard anyone do. :o
Semper Fi, bitches!

He nearly died for us!

Mike Hunt

• Big Nation Radio Returns: March 2012(13)(14)
  • Gold Member
  • Taking dating advice from Toxie
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:19:22 AM »
I remember that shit.

Thing is, we would have never had that number 1 on the billboard best selling song of all time if this had never happened that Kevin wrote and sang  ::)

I am sure earl has maturbated to this many time this on repeat on his ipod.

Sex Nuts and Retard Strong

Earl1972

• Gold Member
  • yes i love this sport, sue me
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »
I remember that shit.

Thing is, we would have never had that number 1 on the billboard best selling song of all time if this had never happened that Kevin wrote and sang  ::)

I am sure earl has maturbated to this many time this on repeat on his ipod.

it's a great song

i like how you use the billboard charts as your way to discredit it, i guess you are admitting to being a justin bieber and taylor swift fan so clearly you wouldn't see the quality that is Fulblown

and who the hell masturbates to a song?  don't project your own perverted thoughts and lifestyle on others you cretin

E

Mike Hunt

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
it's a great song

i like how you use the billboard charts as your way to discredit it, i guess you are admitting to being a justin bieber and taylor swift fan so clearly you wouldn't see the quality that is Fulblown

and who the hell masturbates to a song?  don't project your own perverted thoughts and lifestyle on others you cretin

E

haha, knew that you would say something like that

Personally I think the song is horrible, but that does not matter because if someone else like something that I don't why would I not make fun of them really care as long as they enjoy themselves.

Earl1972

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 03:40:36 PM »
haha, knew that you would say something like that

Personally I think the song is horrible, but that does not matter because if someone else like something that I don't why would I not make fun of them really care as long as they enjoy themselves.

you do care, that's why you had to take a shot at a great song and the man who wrote it

E

Mike Hunt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
you do care, that's why you had to take a shot at a great song and the man who wrote it

E

I was passive aggressively and in an underhanded way busting your balls earl because like the Candyman if we say "Levrone" 3 times on here or get big, you will appear.

Just out of curiosity what about Levrone makes you admire the man so much?

I think he was an awesome bodybuilder in his day but anything beyond that including his personality is pretty mediocre and unfocused. Hell if I wanted to admire mediocrity and being unfocused I should have great admiration for our resident Mormon pussy slayer or even myself in that regard.

Smallville Will

• Life Model Decoy Action Figure
  • Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek: Resident Army Dude.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »
I was passive aggressively and in an underhanded way busting your balls earl because like the Candyman if we say "Levrone" 3 times on here or get big, you will appear.

I think he was an awesome bodybuilder in his day but anything beyond that including his personality is pretty mediocre and unfocused. Hell if I wanted to admire mediocrity and being unfocused I should have great admiration for our resident Mormon pussy slayer or even myself in that regard.
Who is this God that you speak of?
Problem Solved... Problem Stayin' Solved.
Rangers Lead The Way.

Blockhead

• Muscleweek's H.N.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
  • Live Loud!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
it's a great song

E

What song do we speak of? If it is by FULL BLOWN with Levrone as the singer I wouldn't know. I never got my CD in the mail despite sending Master Chief in a check for $19.99 + $4.95 for shipping.   :-\   :-[   :'(

- Block!
...because sometimes NOT being a bodybuilder means doing the right thing.

Earl1972

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:29:20 PM »

what is mediocre and unfocused about his personality?

how many bodybuilders do you know that had a music and acting career?  lets not forget about his charities too

E

Earl1972

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
What song do we speak of? If it is by FULL BLOWN with Levrone as the singer I wouldn't know. I never got my CD in the mail despite sending Master Chief in a check for $19.99 + $4.95 for shipping.   :-\   :-[   :'(

- Block!

i'm sorry about that

though you could've been like me and just watched his M3 video which plays all of the Fulblwon songs

E

KnightXavi

• Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek's Resident Female Schmoe Officer
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
Sally Mcneil lifting a female over her head 2
"Seriously I like you Knight, but posting that pic of the gruesome twosome should be a more banable offense than when that other guy posted a male cock pic." - Mike Hunt aka Andrew

KnightXavi

• Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek's Resident Female Schmoe Officer
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 07:36:39 PM »
Sally Mcneil OVERHEAD LIFT
"Seriously I like you Knight, but posting that pic of the gruesome twosome should be a more banable offense than when that other guy posted a male cock pic." - Mike Hunt aka Andrew

Master Chief

• MW ThinkTank
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »
Nice home-made video, Earl!

The God of War video thrown into the Levrone mix gave you away!

Mike Hunt

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »
what is mediocre and unfocused about his personality?

how many bodybuilders do you know that had a music and acting career?  lets not forget about his charities too

E

He has never had a "career" in acting and music.

having a career means actually doing it for a living consistently.

Is he talented? yes he is, but he can never stick to one thing before the adhd comes along kicking and screaming.

PS- Anyone can cut and album for a few thousand bucks.

There are clubs in every major city that have rockers and hip hop cd's all the time, and 99.9% ever sell more than a few hundred to friends

If your not making enough of a living to live off an endeavour its called dabbling in a hobby.
with all fairness I do concede he is an artist though

It took 35 years for these guys to actually start making a living, despite the fact that inspired tons of metal/rock people including Metallica and Slash

Consistency, hard work, sacrifice and just plain luck is the difference between having music or acting as a 'career', not just showing up, being in a couple of z movies or making a cd while imitating Scott Stpp and expecting everything to come after that.

That's my real issue with KL, in that he does have talent and presence, but os not have the intestinal fortitude to actually stick to something all the way through, except bodybuilding, which even then he seemed to not do unless he was loaded to the gills.

Some call it wasted talent

Then again Earl you seem like a good guy, but the blind sheep faith you have for this guy is kinda lame.

I admire a lot of people, but I am not stupid or blind enough to see they have their incredible faults and flaws as well

Anvil the story of Anvil Slash concert
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:58:24 PM by Pound Mike Hunt »

Master Chief

• MW ThinkTank
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »
C'mon, Kevin was in Hollywood for like 6 YEARS!! How long do you want him to try and make it?

Moving on is the adult thing to do when the current thing isn't paying the bills. Continuing to 'follow your passion' and 'do what you love' can only lead to bankruptcy and SNAP cards.

Mike Hunt

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »
C'mon, Kevin was in Hollywood for like 6 YEARS!! How long do you want him to try and make it?

Moving on is the adult thing to do when the current thing isn't paying the bills. Continuing to 'follow your passion' and 'do what you love' can only lead to bankruptcy and SNAP cards.

That want what I was saying, I was disputing Earl's use of the word 'carreer', kind of in the sense that newbs think a pro bodybuilder has a 'carreer' when in fact most of their money if any comes rom anything but legitametly making money as a competing pro bodybuilder.

That kind of career.

TheFever

• i am not a cuck, i promise
  • Gold Member
  • I'm not a cuckold, seriously.
    • My home, my palace
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »

Stop evading the question on every bodies lips. What was Kevin Levrone's penis like?
I really am not a cuckold, please believe me.  Being under a bed is exhilarating though.

Just_A_Pilgrim

• MW Unknown Soldier
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 07:25:06 AM »
Typical bodybuilder, blaming being shot twice for dying when it was clearly the steroids
It's not gay if you're still wearing a thong

thomasbecks

• Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek: Bodybuilding Message Board
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 08:13:03 AM »
Typical bodybuilder, blaming being shot twice for dying when it was clearly the steroids

The gunshots were a congenital condition.

Master Chief

• MW ThinkTank
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »
The gunshots were a congenital condition.
No no no, the gunshots and steroids were irrelevant. Ray died of heart failure. Were it not for a congenital heart condition, a disfigured Ray would still be with us.

In any event, Sally will be released next year.

Gordiano

• MW Founding Father, Amatuer Bowler, NPC Competitor
  • Gold Member
  • "Only gay if you want it to be...."
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
1) Is it me or does "Ray" look like Ronnie is this shot (no pun intended)?

2) How is Sally looking these days? I may want to get scissored by her when she gets out.
"My mother was a whore in Bangkok that met my Dad while he was trying to fuck underage chicks.  My mom was already 16 at the time but she could pass for a 12 year old." - Tbecks

Master Chief

• MW ThinkTank
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »
1) Is it me or does "Ray" look like Ronnie is this shot (no pun intended)?

2) How is Sally looking these days? I may want to get scissored by her when she gets out.

Does anyone remember how their kids looked? They had this kinky blonde hair and, well, let's put it this way -- weren't going to keep Derek Zoolander awake at night.

Earl1972

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 01:02:15 AM »
He has never had a "career" in acting and music.

having a career means actually doing it for a living consistently.

Is he talented? yes he is, but he can never stick to one thing before the adhd comes along kicking and screaming.

PS- Anyone can cut and album for a few thousand bucks.

There are clubs in every major city that have rockers and hip hop cd's all the time, and 99.9% ever sell more than a few hundred to friends

If your not making enough of a living to live off an endeavour its called dabbling in a hobby.
with all fairness I do concede he is an artist though

It took 35 years for these guys to actually start making a living, despite the fact that inspired tons of metal/rock people including Metallica and Slash

Consistency, hard work, sacrifice and just plain luck is the difference between having music or acting as a 'career', not just showing up, being in a couple of z movies or making a cd while imitating Scott Stpp and expecting everything to come after that.

That's my real issue with KL, in that he does have talent and presence, but os not have the intestinal fortitude to actually stick to something all the way through, except bodybuilding, which even then he seemed to not do unless he was loaded to the gills.

Some call it wasted talent

Then again Earl you seem like a good guy, but the blind sheep faith you have for this guy is kinda lame.

I admire a lot of people, but I am not stupid or blind enough to see they have their incredible faults and flaws as well

Anvil the story of Anvil Slash concert

ok "career" was the wrong word to use

but he still did it, he achieved more than most of the hollywood wannabes waiting tables at night and going on auditions during the day

i don't care what anybody says, Fulblown is good music

the point is like you said, he has talent while most bodybuilders are the stereotypical meathead that lives only for their body

that is why i have him on another level than the other pros, it's not just the fact that his body is superior, he is multi talented

like ed said it takes a man to finally admit that their dream either isn't a possibility or it's not worth the effort, i think he accomplished a lot and is far from a failure just because he didn't become arnold

E