Author Topic: Phil Heath Answers 'The Dreaded Steroid Question'  (Read 33958 times)

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek: Bodybuilding. Truth. Hurts.
    • MuscleWeek
Phil Heath Answers 'The Dreaded Steroid Question'
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »
SLAM: What do you say to people who accuse you of using steroids?

PH: When they ask me that, I ask, Why dude, you think I need to? I think that’s just common ignorance. Usually, people that do that are insecure already so they think that’s the only way I got like that. And what people have to focus on is, ‘What is he doing to get himself like that?’ They don’t wanna ask. If it was that easy, everybody would be good. So it has to be more than that. And we’ve all see multiple athletes. Are you seriously gonna discount that I get up at 4:30 every morning and go do 45 minutes of cardio. They don’t realize I eat seven or eight times a day of healthy food. Most people couldn’t tell me the macros that are in every meal they take throughout the day. Because the average person doesn’t do it. They’re not gonna know how healthy fats work and guess what? I get paid to do this. Has anyone ever known someone that could just look at a weight and grow? No. Sure, I’m genetically gifted, but what if someone genetically gifted like me, took that talent and became educated about nutrition and given the money and resources to do it? You’d look like me too. My job is to weight lift. I train with best equipment. I get more treatment on my body than the average football player. Acupuncture four days a week, massage one to two days a week, I get chiropractic work, I get decompression people don’t even know what the hell that is, which is elongating the spinal cord and vertebrae. They don’t educate themselves on the process. I have an infrared sauna at my house to eliminate toxins and hyperbaric chamber in my house. Just all the things I mentioned. I have a chicken sponsor and an egg white sponsor. I’m getting the best food. I have the black man’s dream: free chicken!
Destiny

Bruce Berkowitz

• Gold Member
  • Drill Baby Drill!
Re: Phil Heath Answers 'The Dreaded Steroid Question'
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »
Did he actually give that rambling bullshit answer or is this a parody?
The first billion is the hardest!

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »
Did he actually give that rambling bullshit answer or is this a parody?
We could never come up with something filled with so much bullshit and so little wit.

Still, we firmly support Phil's right to answer an absurdly retarded question with an equally absurdly retarded answer.

What's next, asking Sarah Jay if she really enjoys black cock?
Destiny

Bruce Berkowitz

• Gold Member
  • Drill Baby Drill!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »
If he was gonna bullshit, I agree it should have been more clever and witty - and MUCH briefer - far less nonsensical rambling that makes him look pathetic.

I would have said something along the lines of:

"I tell those people that I have never been found in violation of the IFBB's strict and aggressive anti-doping policies, and have never failed any of their drug tests. I credit my physique to the Weider Weight Training Principles and supplements, good old fashioned hard work and dedication, God-given genetics, and the power of prayer!"

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
If he was gonna bullshit, I agree it should have been more clever and witty - and MUCH briefer - far less nonsensical rambling that makes him look pathetic.

"I tell those people that I have never been found in violation of the IFBB's strict and aggressive anti-doping policies, and have never failed any of their drug tests. I credit my physique to the Weider Weight Training Principles and supplements, good old fashioned hard work and dedication, God-given genetics, and the power of prayer!"
LOL! For sure, Phil could use you as his PR Flack!
Destiny

Skeffington

• Gold Member
  • MuscleWeek: Bodybuilding Message Board
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:11:14 PM »

MW has the market cornered on sarcastic wit & intelligence.

Phil's a cardboard ( in color only ) cut out of Wrinkles...not an ounce of personality.

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
MW has the market cornered on sarcastic wit & intelligence.

Phil's a cardboard ( in color only ) cut out of Wrinkles...not an ounce of personality.
In Phil's defense, he did make end his answer with a self-defecating 'black men love fried chicken' comment.
Destiny

TheFever

• i am not a cuck, i promise
  • Gold Member
  • I'm not a cuckold, seriously.
    • My home, my palace
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »

Oh lawd!! hahaha this is great!!!
I really am not a cuckold, please believe me.  Being under a bed is exhilarating though.

TheFever

• Gold Member
    • My home, my palace
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 10:34:58 PM »
In Phil's defense, he did make end his answer with a self-defecating 'black men love fried chicken' comment.

I think that kind of saved it - It kind of put all the bullshit pseudo remedies in context. But yes, far better to be obtuse regarding the steroid question then to straight out lie. Don't admit but deflect.
I really am not a cuckold, please believe me.  Being under a bed is exhilarating though.

Blockhead

• Muscleweek's H.N.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
  • Live Loud!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »
SLAM: What do you say to people who accuse you of using steroids?

PH: When they ask me that, I ask, Why dude, you think I need to? I think that’s just common ignorance. Usually, people that do that are insecure already so they think that’s the only way I got like that. And what people have to focus on is, ‘What is he doing to get himself like that?’ They don’t wanna ask. If it was that easy, everybody would be good. So it has to be more than that. And we’ve all see multiple athletes. Are you seriously gonna discount that I get up at 4:30 every morning and go do 45 minutes of cardio. They don’t realize I eat seven or eight times a day of healthy food. Most people couldn’t tell me the macros that are in every meal they take throughout the day. Because the average person doesn’t do it. They’re not gonna know how healthy fats work and guess what? I get paid to do this. Has anyone ever known someone that could just look at a weight and grow? No. Sure, I’m genetically gifted, but what if someone genetically gifted like me, took that talent and became educated about nutrition and given the money and resources to do it? You’d look like me too. My job is to weight lift. I train with best equipment. I get more treatment on my body than the average football player. Acupuncture four days a week, massage one to two days a week, I get chiropractic work, I get decompression people don’t even know what the hell that is, which is elongating the spinal cord and vertebrae. They don’t educate themselves on the process. I have an infrared sauna at my house to eliminate toxins and hyperbaric chamber in my house. Just all the things I mentioned. I have a chicken sponsor and an egg white sponsor. I’m getting the best food.I have the black man’s dream: free chicken!
Racist Post Reported.

- Block!
...because sometimes NOT being a bodybuilder means doing the right thing.

Twinkie

• MW Hottie
  • MuscleWeek: Piledriving Lies Since 2009
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
I think that kind of saved it - It kind of put all the bullshit pseudo remedies in context. But yes, far better to be obtuse regarding the steroid question then to straight out lie. Don't admit but deflect.

^^^ For sure. It's a stupid fucking question, and the answer is befitting.
I got huntin' dog named Lucky. He's got one eye and no nuts.

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »
^^^ For sure. It's a stupid fucking question, and the answer is befitting.
Personally, I think every answer to the steroid question should focus exclusively on the anabolic qualities of Macadamia Nut Oil.
Destiny

TheFever

• Gold Member
    • My home, my palace
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
Block - why did you choose THAT answer

This one has to take the cake

SLAM: How much do you get for guest posing?

How much do you make from a guest posing?

PH: It can range up in the 10s of thousands of dollars just like to sit and sign autographs for two hours. That’s not even guest posing. It all depends on your personality, your ability to connect with the fans, what type of overall likeness you have because you can still be the champ and still have no one really like you. We’ve seen that in other sports as well. But if you have that ability to connect with people and people want to know you and ask you questions and you’re approachable in this sport, the possibilities of making money are endless because I can literally be gone every weekend throughout the year if I really wanted to but obviously I compete and stuff so I usually work about 20-25 weekends out of the year. Domestic appearances are one thing but to travel internationally, I mean, it’s all negotiable based on that number I just gave you it could be triple or quadruple based on that number I just gave you. Bodybuilding is a very lucrative business.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Skeffington

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »

Maybe it's my Putnam eye but I thought it read "black men love white women......& purple drink"

NobleKnight84

• MW Founding Father
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 10:53:31 PM »
I remember Sir Block once telling me that all steroids do is " speed up protein synthesis in which makes your muscle tissue grow alot faster ". Of course Heaths that big because of steroids especially Insulin and growth hormone, but all those other things he mentioned, chiropractor, message therapy, etc..............those also play a part in how he looks.

Bruce Berkowitz

• Gold Member
  • Drill Baby Drill!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »
The other way he could have handled it could have been to dummy up and go into a stereotypical schtick:

"Nnnaawww, Man! Is you trippin'? I ain't nevah done no 'roids, Yo! Lotsa collad greens, cone bred, an' Mama's fried chicken... An' ribs - I caint be fuggitin' 'bout dem ribs, yo! You feelin' me Dawg? I ain't uh-bout to be tryin' to tell yo' ass 'bout no roids!"

Skeffington

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
The other way he could have handled it could have been to dummy up and go into a stereotypical schtick:

"Nnnaawww, Man! Is you trippin'? I ain't nevah done no 'roids, Yo! Lotsa collad greens, cone bred, an' Mama's fried chicken... An' ribs - I caint be fuggitin' 'bout dem ribs, yo! You feelin' me Dawg? I ain't uh-bout to be tryin' to tell yo' ass 'bout no roids!"

This is more like the answer CC would give because he "keeps it real" or undeducated however you want to slice it.

littleboyblue

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 05:08:56 AM »
We could never come up with something filled with so much bullshit and so little wit.

Still, we firmly support Phil's right to answer an absurdly retarded question with an equally absurdly retarded answer.

What's next, asking Sarah Jay if she really enjoys black cock?
...haha!  yeah, really!

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
...haha!  yeah, really!
I interviewed Sara Jay at Adult Con and actually think she loves ALL COCK. But Google Anal ytics told me that one of our top search pics was 'Phil Heath cock' so I thought I would do my part to reinforce that.

Oh, did I just add the terms pics and anal to Phil Heath cock? Sorry! No homo!
Destiny

Gordiano

• MW Founding Father, Amatuer Bowler, NPC Competitor
  • Gold Member
  • "Only gay if you want it to be...."
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
I don't think it's a stupid question to ask at all...... it's a fair question. To you and I it's obvious the guy takes steroids like tic tacs. But to the average joe, who isn't into men-in-thongs, well....

Let's face it, the fact that these guys deny it isn't helping anything. Once again, let me say... if it's something you can't talk about..... it's probably something you should not be doing. We can argue whether roids should be legal or not, but as it stand right now, he's breaking the law.

Like it or not. 
"My mother was a whore in Bangkok that met my Dad while he was trying to fuck underage chicks.  My mom was already 16 at the time but she could pass for a 12 year old." - Tbecks

TheFever

• Gold Member
    • My home, my palace
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
I don't think it's a stupid question to ask at all...... it's a fair question. To you and I it's obvious the guy takes steroids like tic tacs. But to the average joe, who isn't into men-in-thongs, well....

Let's face it, the fact that these guys deny it isn't helping anything. Once again, let me say... if it's something you can't talk about..... it's probably something you should not be doing. We can argue whether roids should be legal or not, but as it stand right now, he's breaking the law.

Like it or not.

It's a tough call, break the law made by skinny fat civilians in suits or dishonor the only true objective arbitrator and judge on earth - the iron. 220 on the bar is 220 any where bro. I know which code of honour I choose to abide by.

Bruce Berkowitz

• Gold Member
  • Drill Baby Drill!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 06:58:58 PM »
It's a tough call, break the law made by skinny fat civilians in suits or dishonor the only true objective arbitrator and judge on earth - the iron. 220 on the bar is 220 any where bro. I know which code of honour I choose to abide by.

Good point Bro! I would also like to state that what I posted earlier about Phil not failing a drug test is true as far as I know. And the word of the top bodybuilder in the most respected sports organization in the world is good enough for me. And even if he is getting minimal doctor-prescribed HRT doses, it's technically medicine prescribed to treat his hormonal imbalances and between his doc and him. None of our business.

Master Chief

• Banana Fan
  • Administrator
  • Gold Member
    • MuscleWeek
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »

Like it or not.
It's really no different than asking Luis Pujols or Tim Tebow or Dwight Howard if they take steroids. Obvious or not, it's just not a question that one can answer affirmatively without negative consequence. Therefore, asking the question is pointless other than to make it look like the interviewer is asking the 'tough questions'.
Destiny